Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Finds #1

Well this is my first time participating  in {Should Be} Reading's Friday Finds, but I'm looking forward to more. The aim of the game is simple...post what books you've discovered in the last week, whether it be one you read and loved, or one you heard about and are stoked to read!

Let's see I've got.....
I saw this book mentioned in a sidebar, as something fans of Ted Dekker & Frank Peretti would appreciate. That sounded right up my alley, so I emailed the author and expressed my interest in reviewing his book, and I got a copy mailed to me! :) I <3 being a blogger!!!









Then I've also got...
I haven't read it in years, but I have a YA Reading Challenge, where I'm trying to read 75 YA for the year. So I'm revisiting old favorites.











Such as......
I always was a sucker for any kind of historical fiction, as the last pick also demonstrates. I love how they blend the fictional story of Johnny Tremain with real historical figure Paul Revere.










For a more grown-up read..
Everyone I knew was talking about this book when it came out, but I never got around to reading it. Now I'm getting around to reading it!!











Okay this last one is more obscure. In fact, there was no picture available on Amazon. But if you want to check it out, here's the link. It's called "The Improbable Adventures of Marvelous O'Hara Soapstone" and it's another YA from my youth. In fact the copy I used to read, I think was my Moms when she was a girl.

Okay now go put the link to your own Friday Finds in her comment section. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP